Slow Internet

Rob 215

Solid State Member
I upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows XP a few months ago. I did all the tests to make sure my computer was capable to handle Windows 7 and it was fine. At first my internet was really fast and worked great, and then all of a sudden it started to run slow. I can't stream video clips because it takes forever. I have to pause it and wait about 5minutes to watch something. I don't know if it's my computer or my wireless router. I bought a Linksys wireless router, when I used it with XP, it was great. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to fix this problem?

Have you tried rebooting the Wireless router? When did it start to run slow? How long ago?

I have a Linksys router and Windows 7 as well and have encountered similar problems. It could be some sort of compatibility issue between the OS and the device?

Try to contact your internet service provider and tell them your concerned. I am sure they can address your problem.

Check the computer for viruses?
Try reloading Win7 again and see if it works better?
How much RAM do you have?
What processor is it?

I tried connecting to the modem by a wire and it was still slow. I called my service provider and they fixed it.

I didn't think it was my Linksys wireless router because I just bought it 7months ago. Plus my dad has the same router and it works great at his house.

Just wanted to let everyone know who responded. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom