Garage Band Problem...

religion2386

In Runtime
Ok for starters Im not familiar with a Mac, but Im trying some hip/hop recordings . The DJ that will be mixing/mastering my music needs me to send the beat, my verse, and any adlibs all in separate files. When I open up 1 of my saved songs in Garage Band I can see the beat, my verse, and my adlibs, but IDK how to save each separately/individually. Please Help!

If it's similar to the other DAW software then you will need to mute all the tracks bar one and then bounce down that track. And do this until you have all the trackes bounced as individual tracks.

It's a vague answer cause I don't own a Mac and have never used Garage Band but I do the same when i've finished composing in Reason 4 so I can mix and engineer my tracks in Nuendo.

what kinda music u into? Also by bounce you mean?

It's a hobby but I make a few tracks. I got hip hop style beats, some dancy tracks and i'm gonna mix a drum and bass track next week when I figure out the arrangement. I start of in Reason 4 cause it's so dang easy to put an idea down. After that I build it up using virtual instruments in other software and see where it goes.

Bouncing is the same as a mix down. It's when you mix many tracks down to stereo. You'll do this but solo the tracks that you want to mix down individually.

Then you send the individual tracks off to your mix engineer.

Seriously? I'm not in a position to start charging to mix cause i'm still learning...

... so I do it for free, for now anyways.

:D

Back
Top Bottom