CoD4 will not start

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
I'm running Win7 X64. All updates are installed, latest ATI drivers.

Specs: Intel Q9400
HD 5770
4GB DDR3 1600
1tb Caviar Black
Asus P5E3 Pro

Everytime I try to play the multiplayer of CoD4, the game will not play. It starts, goes full screen, no sound, no video, and then it crashes. Just says iw3mp has stopped responding and crashes. No clue why. I've tried manually updating PB, no luck. I've also tried vista compatibility mode, also no luck. Suggestions? It worked fine with XP 32 bit :(

Fresh install XP Pro SP3, and run it ;) possibly make another partion on your pc and dual boot XP/7 and when your wanting to play CoD boot into XP?

have you tried compatibility mode?
Yes, I've tried vista compatibility mode.
Fresh install XP Pro SP3, and run it ;) possibly make another partion on your pc and dual boot XP/7 and when your wanting to play CoD boot into XP?

Great idea! Tell you what, you go buy me a copy, and then I'll install it when you get it shipped to me. Sound good?

Have you tried XP compatibility mode?

do:
XP SP3 compatibility mode
run as admin
AND disable desktop composition and tell me if that fixes anything

Oh wow, I found the issue: garbage programming.

here's the solution:

* Go to Start then Control Panel
* Double click on the Sound Tool
* Click on the Recording tab
* Right click and select "View Disabled Devices"
* Enable the Stereo Mix

I'm running Win7 X64. All updates are installed, latest ATI drivers.

Specs: Intel Q9400
HD 5770
4GB DDR3 1600
1tb Caviar Black
Asus P5E3 Pro

Everytime I try to play the multiplayer of CoD4, the game will not play. It starts, goes full screen, no sound, no video, and then it crashes. Just says iw3mp has stopped responding and crashes. No clue why. I've tried manually updating PB, no luck. I've also tried vista compatibility mode, also no luck. Suggestions? It worked fine with XP 32 bit :(

I have had this same problem. If you have a microphone you have used in the past (Or if you have a microphone) plug it in, wait for it to be all ready then open cod. It will work.

EDIT: Just saw your post, glad you got it all working.

I have had this same problem. If you have a microphone you have used in the past (Or if you have a microphone) plug it in, wait for it to be all ready then open cod. It will work.

EDIT: Just saw your post, glad you got it all working.

Of all the stupid things to crash a game :rolleyes:

LOL dude, your complaining about the game so much, and you to stingy to buy yourself a copy. -.-

I don't think he wants to waste money on an OS that will be rapidly outdated in a year or two.. If he has windows 7 I HIGHLY doubt he wants to PAY to downgrade.

Back
Top Bottom