Computer died

Lone136

Solid State Member
I have a real problem here and need some help. My wifes boss pasted away and then two days later his computer ( Motherboard ) died. I took the hard drive out and put it into my rig and I can see all the data, but now we can't used the software. It's so very important that we are able to use the software, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this. I did try to find a motherboard just like the one that is in the his computer but with no luck on finding one. So at this point I'm not sure what I can do. Any and all help would be great at this point in time.

No. he had this computer at his home. He did all his banking ect on this compter. This is why it so important to get it running again.

Did he do his banking with software such as Microsoft Money or Quicken or something? If so, just install whatever software he used on another working machine and pull the database file from the old hard drive (you said you can still see all the data, correct?). Start whatever banking application and use File\Open (or something similar) to point to the data file. That should get you in unless it's password protected or encrypted or something.

Did he do his banking with software such as Microsoft Money or Quicken or something? If so, just install whatever software he used on another working machine and pull the database file from the old hard drive (you said you can still see all the data, correct?). Start whatever banking application and use File\Open (or something similar) to point to the data file. That should get you in unless it's password protected or encrypted or something.

Good Idea

Back
Top Bottom