Is Windows XP still a used OS?

Elroy619

Solid State Member
I've never really had problems with my computer, but with newer operating systems like Windows Vista and Windows 7, is XP still used? I'm thinking of getting a new laptop with Windows 7, but might wait, and see if something newer comes out.

Also, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to computers. I'm guessing that Windows 7 is the best OS. I'm considering upgrading my computer to Windows Vista, as it doesn't meet the requirements for Windows 7.

But I heard that Windows Vista will go slow if you barely meet the requirements. I'm thinking that some things I've heard are false, but I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

Both Vista and 7 are pretty close when it comes to system requirements. My experience is that given the same machine, 7 will run slightly better. However, XP is still very much in use in the real world, especially on older, low powered machines. XP still ships with some brand new netbooks, actually.

In the business world XP is almost certainly far MORE used than Vista and 7.

Also, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to computers. I'm guessing that Windows 7 is the best OS. I'm considering upgrading my computer to Windows Vista, as it doesn't meet the requirements for Windows 7.
Go for 7. 7 is essentially what Vista should've been to start with, it's not packed full of new features but what is there (in my experience) runs far better on 7 than it does on Vista. There's really no point in upgrading to Vista these days.

I'm still running XP though, both at home and work and it's absolutely fine. If it does what you need it to then there's no need to run away from it just yet!

In the business world XP is almost certainly far MORE used than Vista and 7.

Go for 7. 7 is essentially what Vista should've been to start with,...

There's really no point in upgrading to Vista these days.

If it does what you need it to then there's no need to run away from it just yet!

+1

I'm using XP too on both my internet and studio install and will 'only' think about W7 64 bit when I need more RAM to run my virtual instruments.

you could dual boot linux which allows you to boot linux plus xp

I'm probably going to ask around. I seem to enjoy using things I don't normally use. Since I use Firefox as my internet browser, I've decided to download Maxthon as well :rolleyes:

Personally I don't like Windows Vista because of all the problems with it and the useless stuff that it adds that you will not need. Although, some old computers still have old copies of Windows 2 and Windows ME.

yeah alot of computers have this on there but man... that is absouletly pathitc... some still use floppies... but not meaning to bash on anyone... but someone needs to upgrade...

speaking of xp ... it is a perfety good os so if you like it stick with it, but don't be scared to try something new thats y we are here

XP is still used in most schools in the Bedfordshire region, because I've had to repair them. But it is still in use I use it and It's shipped on new Netbooks today.

Back
Top Bottom