CD & CD / DVD Burner Issue

NY11725

Beta member
Hey All

I am new here, but this seems like a educated community so I will give it a shot and see if anyone has any insight on a issue I am having. I am having a issue with both... my cd burner, and dvd burner. Everything was fine a few weeks ago, but lately I went to burn a cd, and noticed I have a problem. It will buffer really really slow up to 100%... start burning very slow...then the buffering will drop pretty quick down to as low as 2%. After about 6 to 7 seconds, it will slowly climb back up to 100% and repeat this process until the CD is done burning. So burning a 20 track CD at 52x normally use to take roughly 2 minutes and 47 seconds is what I have always noticed. Now, it will take up to 8 minutes minimum, and this is at a high burn rate. I thought maybe it was my Lite-on drive it self, so I pop'd it in the toshiba DVD burner, and the same thing is happening. I am using nero 6. I updated my firmware and reinstalled the drivers by deleting it in the device manager and rebooting but it still does it.

I tried to google this issue before even thinking about coming to a forum for help, and I found the exact thing someone else was having, and I read some replies, and people were talking about to make sure its set on DMA, and not PIO. So I said... maybe somehow this got changed, so i went in and checked and of course both primary and secondary was set on DMA..... :(

I said.. umm.. let me defrag because its been a while. I defragged, and the issue is still happening. I asked a few people at work who know a lot about computers and even I know quite a lot, but this is just mind blowing to me. I maintain my computer very well with virus checks, and spyware checks. My computer it self runs very fast with everything, but for some reason when it comes down to burning a cd... it is very very slow. The buffer progress bar use to climb right up to 100% and maybe drop to 97% and possibly a tad tad lower during the burning process, but now it doesn't. Now its doing what I mentioned above. Someone at work said it could be the cable, but everything is plugged in, and imo if it was the cable, it would not even show a drive listed, but it does. I put a disk in, and it reads it fine. Both drives are only a couple of years old, and I mostly use the reg CD burner. I rarely use the DVD drive for burning CD's so for that drive to be doing the same thing just makes no sense to me. I am at a complete stand still. It still burns, but it just takes way too long and I would like it to work properly again. I have 166GB of free HDD space left, and I have 2gig ram, with a 2.4ghz processor. I do not know why this is happening. Nero has never gave me problems before. I tried with a different software, but it was even worse.

Please...Please... Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks!!!

Check to make sure there are no unnecessary programs running in the background.

Give CCleaner a shot at cleaning up the crud hiding on your computer.

Is this an external drive?
---If so, can you try on another computer?
What program do you use to burn CD's?

Check to make sure there are no unnecessary programs running in the background.

Give CCleaner a shot at cleaning up the crud hiding on your computer.

Ill run that program, but I have the same processes running as I always have

Is this an external drive?
---If so, can you try on another computer?
What program do you use to burn CD's?

They are both internal
I said nero 6, but I've tired others, and same thing... I also said that in the original post

Ran CCleaner, and still being retarded :(

I really hate to have to reformat :(

Back
Top Bottom