Wireless-N Router Question

CarterVol3

Solid State Member
I recently switched from a Wireless-G to a Wireless-N router because I game a lot and heard that the N is better for gaming. This is very much true my PS3 went from about 65% to 95%, my Xbox 360 went from a 3bar to a 4bar, and my laptop has a great connection. My question is because we have one other laptop in the house that is hooked up to the router and while everything I mentioned works great this laptop goes in and out of connection frequently sometimes for a short time sometimes for a couple hours. Just curious if anyone knew why 3 items work fine but 1 does not. Thanks in advanced.

-Kyle

Basically we could say that this might be a problem w/ your laptop however you this might be an interference problem try moving the specific laptop near the router and minimize the interference between the router and the specific laptop.

-willjackson

Yes, trying moving the laptop in closer to the router.
Make sure you have updated wireless drivers. Go to the manufacturers website and follow the general course of SUPPORT>DOWNLOADS>DRIVERS (all websites are different but it will be something like that). Put in your make/model and then check for wireless network drivers.
What kind of laptop is it that isn't working?

Back
Top Bottom