Help! I screwed up my network

Repeats

Beta member
I am not exactly sure what I did, but I tried connecting to my mom's wireless network. I put in the router number, but after clicking something I didn't fully read my mom's network now became "Laptop_Network" and it uses my laptop as the new "router". Now my moms computer can't even connect to the her own wireless connection because it doesn't exist.

Any ideas?

That doesnt make too much sense to me. what do you mean you put in the router number? are you referring to the WEP key? or were you accessing the router's http page? If you changed the SSID to "Laptop_Network" then you either need to search for that from your moms laptop, or go to the settings webpage for the router and change the SSID back to whatever it was before.

You need to provide us a better description of the problem. If you went to the router's config page then all you need to do is go back and change the SSID (the broadcast name) back to whatever it was. If you changed the IP address of the router, you need to go back in and change that as well. To do that you'll need to access the config page by the IP address that you changed it to. You could always do a hard-reset (using a pen and pushing the reset button on the back of the router) and completely re-configure the router. Sometimes calling the ISP will work as they'll walk you through setting it up properly.

Back
Top Bottom