Can't connect online

First of all, I apologize ahead of time if I become angry and tactless. It's just that, connecting to the blasted Internet shouldn't be this damned difficult!

I have one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Mini-Netbook-...ViewItem&pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item563b9f4397

And, I can't connect it to a hotspot!

The owner's manual doesn't say anything! NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL! It doesn't even have "Internet" in the table of contents, so we can't claim that I'm missing a few pages!

Can someone provide me with step-by-step directions for how to connect this damned thing to a hotspot? PLEASE!

Are you using Windows 7 or what?
Also are you using the Windows wireless connection manager or a 3rd party application?

We need a little bit more information.

Most of us don't have time to read through the EBay listings. We get the general idea of what you are using, but can't sift through all the details. If you want people to offer their help, it's probably best to not belittle their comments...

He's asking what program you are using to manage the wireless networks? Are you using the application that comes built-into Windows or are you using a 3rd party software that some manufacturers add to computers before they sell them?

Is the wireless switch turned on? There could be a hardware switch on the side/front of the laptop. There could also be a software switch which is usually located on one of the F1-F12 keys (usually F5 or F7). Also you usually have to hit the Function (FN) key in order to turn it on/off.

Most of us don't have time to read through the EBay listings. We get the general idea of what you are using, but can't sift through all the details. If you want people to offer their help, it's probably best to not belittle their comments...
Who said anything about sifting through the details?

Oh yeah, YOU said that!

If you took thirty seconds to look at the listing, you'd find that he has all the features neatly listed in bullet points. Just do a Ctrl + F search for "operating system," and it will immediately move down to that area.

EDIT: Add that to the fact that he has the at-a-glance specs at the VERY top of the listing, and there is definitely only one excuse you have for having to ask that question: You didn't even CLICK on the listing!

He's asking what program you are using to manage the wireless networks? Are you using the application that comes built-into Windows or are you using a 3rd party software that some manufacturers add to computers before they sell them?
Well, since we haven't modified the netbook's settings yet (because we can't get fricken' ONLINE), I'm assuming it came with it. That's all I know.

Is the wireless switch turned on? There could be a hardware switch on the side/front of the laptop.
How do I find it?

Oh for the love of GOD!

Everyone's choosing to ignore me because I got upset because YOU refused to even CLICK on the listing that I gave you ON A SILVER PLATTER?!

Don't blame ME for YOUR laziness!

dude, frustration, calm down. Dont expect people to help you if you arent willing to help us. You said you had "one of these." we all just assumed you were referring to the computer, not the operating system and other details. I would go to your device manager and make sure you have some time of wireless communication. We're wont blame you for our laziness, but we will blame you for your ignorance.

Oh for the love of GOD!

Everyone's choosing to ignore me because I got upset because YOU refused to even CLICK on the listing that I gave you ON A SILVER PLATTER?!

Don't blame ME for YOUR laziness!

nobody is going to be willing to help you with an attitude like that.

Jesus Christ! Did you even READ the listing?

The eBay listing will TELL you what OS I'm using!

Huh?

how about you piss off?

ebay tells me nothing about your computer, it tells me what may have once ran on our computer, but absolutely bugger all about what's running on it now.

I can only assume that your laptop has decided to do the world a favour and prevent you from connecting to the internet to save us all from your attitude.

on the subject of your problem.

you haven't told us anything about your problem,
whether your wireless card is installed, if it's showing up in device manager, if there is a hardware or software switch to enable it. whether you're seeing any wireless SSIDs, if your capable of scanning for SSIDs at all.

nor will you get the chance to, cause I've banned you for being rude, obnoxious and fairly fucking arrogant to boot.

I suggest you start your search here....
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=o...=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=7225c853736c8355

go on now,

off you fuck...

Back
Top Bottom