Virtual Linux?

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
Ok I got a nice machine so I figured i'd try out Linux again without installing it so to speak.

What software do I need to run a Linux distro in Windows XP Pro and what distro do you guys recommend?

Sweet. I'm looking forward to running Linux again. I actually installed it the last time though.

I'll get on with it in a mo though. Gotta put a roof on a playhouse!

:D

Hahaha,let me guess,you have a Little Brother/Son who won't stop bugging you to finish there playhouse :p

Anywho i plan on running ubuntu on my laptop,when i fix my DVD Drive though :(

Hahaha,let me guess,you have a Little Brother/Son who won't stop bugging you to finish there playhouse :p

Wow you make me sound old man.

My little bro is 30 lol.

Yea it's for the kids. But get this: There's parts missing that are shown in the catalogue with it and the manufacture has just stated that the parts don't come with it, despite being shown and stated in the information that they are included.

So it's going back.

Anyways, time to play with computer stuff!

EDIT:

Well i'm running Ubuntu but it's a bit buggy: I loose control of the mouse sometimes and I need to get it to run full screen.

Nah i'm only 17 but i used to do it to my dad so he;d finish our playhouse.

Anywho,Install The Guest Additions in ubuntu (Tutorial here) to optimize linux to run in a virtual environment and then once what's done press Right Ctrl + F to make it fullscreen.

Ubuntu 10.04 is a cluster%*+#. Go with Debian 5 for awesome stability.

Oh, and why not dual boot it? More efficient.

I'd have to tri-boot. I do have space but the last time I installed Linux and wanted to remove it I ended up having to re-install everything else cause I couldn't recover the Windows install.

It's GRUB that scares me. I couldn't get back the Windows boot loader.

Neodude112320, that is a good video but what is with that music, cant the find better music for those things.

Back
Top Bottom