Forcing same local IP address to computer

michaelrj9

Beta member
I am using a program ttat uses port fordwaring but the probem is that the computer changes my local ip address. I.E 192.168.1.104 to 192.168.1.107 etc. I would like the computer keep the same address.

I am not talking about my real IP address just the one it has from my Linksys router.

I don't know if that is a setting in the router somewhere or somewhere in Windows.

Thanks

I am using a program ttat uses port fordwaring but the probem is that the computer changes my local ip address. I.E 192.168.1.104 to 192.168.1.107 etc. I would like the computer keep the same address.

I am not talking about my real IP address just the one it has from my Linksys router.

I don't know if that is a setting in the router somewhere or somewhere in Windows.

Thanks

Is it possible that you have an IP address reservation set up for the PC through the DHCP server on your router?

You can configure your router to match an ip address consistently to a MAC address, but the easiest way to do what you want is to statically assign the ip address you want on your computer via the Local Area Connection properties. Even though your router is issuing DHCP to computers that are configured to receive the info automatically (without configuration) you can still configure that single computer with the ip info you want.

Back
Top Bottom