Starting a Network Administrator career.

Rmp5s

In Runtime
When I get out of the Marines, I'd like to start a career as a network administrator. That's what I do now so, if all goes as planned, by the time it's time to get out, I will have:

A+ cert (already have)
Net+ cert (already have)
Sec+ cert (already have)
CCNA
MCSE
~4 yrs experience.

Anything else I should try to get to make job hunting easier? Should I be able to make decent money? Probably going to stay in CA but that's not in stone...anywhere that is better for the industry than other places?

You are well on your way. I don't think there is anything you'll need to do to better improve on the resume. The only thing that employers might notice is that you don't have a true "networking" degree (at least I'm assuming you don't since you are in the Marines). However, being in the Marines should be a resonable reason to not have gone to college.

Nework Admins are needed where ever there are computers. An in todays age computers are everywhere. I think you should be able to find a job where ever you want to live. You will generally make an above average salary in comparison to the standard of living in the area.

Back
Top Bottom