Stuck at acquiring network address

lordsusanoo

Beta member
Hello, I've got a bit of an issue that i've spent quite a bit of time on and i still cant seem to figure it out on my own :(. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

I've got an older Gateway MX6027 with a built in WLAN card. Up until recently i was running Ubuntu 9.10 but i wanted to reinstall windows XP and let a friend of mine use it for a while. Good news is that i got Windows and all the drivers installed with no issue, Bad news is the wireless wont work with their network, however...wired will.

The WLAN card uses a Broadcom Chipset and works flawlessly with my network, setup using a Linksys WRT300N running 802.11 g/b only mode with WPA2-PSK TKIP and AES.

Their network however is setup using the AT&T UVerse Router running 802.11 g/b with WPA-PSK TKIP.

When i connect to their network, it just says acquiring network address and on the status tab it says Invalid IP. Now If i set for static ip, it connects but says it connected to 2wire016(unsecured)...but the network is in fact secure. That part doesnt make any sense, but even then i have no outside or inside access.

Keep in mind this is a FRESH INSTALL of Windows XP Home

I'll be at their house for the remainder of the evening and will try to stop by for more answers as needed.

Thanks for any and all help.

First thing I'd do is turn off the security on the router. See if it connects then.

Also make sure you are using the correct password. I have a laptop that will get stuck in the same spot if I don't use the right password.

Do they have any other wireless devices that connect?

Back
Top Bottom