Connection issues

123camelia

Beta member
Re: Windows Vista Problem!!!

Hi guys!
I don't really know if this is the right place to ask this, but I'll give it a try:
I've just installed Vista Business x64 (looks great!), but I'm experiencing a problem with my Internet connection. I connect to Internet trough a cable connection (I have a modem). Vista identified my network card (a realtek rtl8168/8111 family pci-e gigabit ethernet nic). The only problem is that it does not identify the network connection. It says "access: local only" and, when I try to diagnose the problem it says I have to shot down my modem for 10 secounds and then plug it again. This does not solve my problem. Does anyone have any idea where the problem could be? I'm trying to fix this since this morning, and now I look at the clock and it's nine o'clock.
Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

I forgot to mention: the cable connection works fine on my laptop. I have XP on the laptop

Sounds like it is having trouble getting an IP address. Have you tried resetting your modem at all?

Please post the model of your modem and router if you have one.

Is it a new PC or a new Network Card or did you just reload a computer that you had? I'd start by going online and getting an updated driver for Vista and your network card (using the laptop and saving the file to a thumb drive). If that doesn't work or help then I'd suggest calling your ISP to see if they can help with anything on their end.

Back
Top Bottom