Bluescreen killed my computer, help please!

join993

Solid State Member
So today I got a bluescreen on my windows 7 computer, nothing really weird, I get them from time to time. But, this time when I tried to boot it again I cant start because I get another bluescreen.

When i boot my compueter i get dollar signs all over the screen, and after the first try all the graphics get really messed up. I also dont get any option to run windows with the last functionint settings. Can anyone help me?

Do you get any numbers or any text??

Like a stop message? a 0 x 000000001 (or similar) number?

Have you installed anything new recently?

I installed a game yesterday, and the first. bluescreen happened while playing this game. But its a retail game.

The error i get:

*** STOP: 0x00000116, (0x88846008, 0x91FOFA30, 0x00000000, 0x00000002)

*** nvlddkm.sys - Adress 91FOFA30 base at 91E20000, Datestamp 4b4c0972.

sometimes 91FOFA30 is replaced by 91EEDA30.

0 x 000000116 Is a 'Display Driver' Error. (maybe why your graphics where a bit funny too, im not sure.)

Get into safe mode (hit F8 before the windows splash screen comes up)

And run 'Safe mode with networking' Run a Windows Update and get the newest / most updated version of the display driver.

If this doesnt help, (safe mode networking again) run a full hardware Diagnosis, and see if that helps.

Restart and check at each stage. Might be a few more things, but those spring to mind first - try those.

Hope that helps - any one else ideas?

I cant open windows update. I tried running a diagnosis on it from the control panel, didnt work.

I only updated my graphics driver, dont know what else display driver is, but it didnt work.

oh no is this a windows 7 thing? I was really jealous when it came out having just bought a vista pc. But I have never had any problems I love it.

is this a graphics card you put in or an onboard card? if its one you put in yank it out and use the onboard card and try to boot it? If this started after that game and you can get into safe mode try to remove the game

It's a card you put in, I'd try to use the onboard card, if only I had one. I can boot my computer if I uninstal the graphics card driver. I removed the game and updated my drivers a few times, I'll try now.

EDIT: Didn't work.

well if you say you can boot into safemode no problem that means its a driver issue, have you tried to roll the system back?

Back
Top Bottom