wireless connection sony vaio

right i have just found where I was going wrong, I was looking under W for wirless connection, but have just found it under intel wireless and they all say started on the list. but still cannot see any wireless connections

ok so let review:

You go into ncpa.cpl --> you can now see the wireless connection
when you right click on the connection-->view wireless connections--> nothing shows up correct.

Are you using the intel wireless utility or the windows wireless? If you are using the intel switch to windows

i go into ncpa.cpl, it shows wireless network connection 2, not connected.
and underneath that it says intel(r) PRO/wireless 220bg network connection,
so I take it that I am using the intel wireless utility.
how do I switch to the windows wireless utility?
when i right click view available wireless networks,
it comes up with the message, windows cannot configure this wireless connection

yea thats why you cant view it, if you look in your information tray by the clock do you see the intel wireless utility? If you right click it you can manage it uncheck the use this device to configure my wireless. The go into the wireless network connection right click it-->props--> wireless tab--> use windows to manage my device

Sry for the vagueness not using win xp

if i right click the wireless in the information by the clock, the only options i get are, change windows firewall settings, open network connections, repair and view available network connections

Thats because you are clicking on the windows wirless utility you need to click on the intel one it is going to look like the bars on your cell phone. Did you go into the wireless connections properties and see if the check for use windows device to manage wireless networks was checked? If it is you dont have to worry about that and it is a different issue

Back
Top Bottom