router speed loss

digitaljedi45

Beta member
ok so yesterday and this morning i got download speeds of 400kbs on utorrent now i get like 5.8 but if i plug my laptop directly into the internet i get 800kbs how do i get my wireless to go fast again????

Well a lot of utorrent speed related things are from the other side (outside your house/router).

However, you can try doing a power cycle on your equipment to see if that makes a difference.

As originally mentioned, uTorrent is not an efficient speed test method. uTorrent relies on 'seeders' to be efficient, and if people don't continue hosting the file, it dies out or becomes very slow.

Do a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net and measure your results.

By the way, wireless is always at least a little slower than a direct connection (minus cases of faulty equipment). Causes could include old equipment (router, adapter, or PC), or even router settings.

Also, it may have an issue with the equipment you're hiding behind. I've seen it happen where I'll be working at a medical facility and try to download a file from bittorrent and they're throttle back my bandwidth because of either my IP or firewall MAC. But I remote into my home PC and download the same thing, or even VPN and use remote gateway, and I'll get 10x the speeds.

What kind of router is it? What's the up time on it?

Back
Top Bottom