Windows XP Offline Files hide errors

cg1

In Runtime
Hi
I setup a network for a client using 3 Windows XP computers and a Windows 2000 advanced server as the domain controller.

they are using outlook and have the pst is saved in there My Documents folder, which is availble offline. i have setup group policy to stop the pst being availbe offline to avoid it getting corupt.

when a user loggs off they get a synronisation error saying outlook.pst is not availble. the logon screen is displayed after clicking ok or waiting 15 minutes

is there anyway to hide this as the users have low ict skills

cg1,

I am guessing that you have there my docs redirected right? Do you have the pst in that folder because you want it to be backed up to the server? If it does not matter i would just move it to the local machine. Is this the only thing that is erroring out when it tries to sync back up to the server? You can edit the offline files so that it only syncs back up when they login to the domain instead of when the log on and off. I will help you more when you post i have a couple things you can try but i need to bust out the xp machine to get the exact steps for you

yes there my docs is redirected and the pst is in that folder, i can't put the pst on the local machine as each user uses all 3 computers, it is stored on the server. it is set to sync at log on and log off

fair enough i am not a big fan of offline files and folder's. If you only have 3 computer's i would move the pst to there local profile but that is your choice. Here is what you can try if you have not tried it already. Got to the offline files and folder and delete the cache. To do this go to your offline files and folder and click ctrl+shift and click on delete. It will tell you that you are about to delete the cache click yes. Once you have deleted the cache log off and then log back in. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Back
Top Bottom