How can I install XP off a flash drive?

foothead

Omnicide now.
title says it all. I have an ISO and the CD, and I need to somehow get it onto a flashdrive and make it bootable to install to my Eee PC so the touch screen will work.

If you have a U3 enabled flash drive you can have it mount a virtual CD drive. Most BIOSs will support it.

yeah i want to install xp on my Eee pc netbook and I am trying to hunt down the software... anyone know any good sites?

Guide to building an XP bootable flash

Some of the information in the guide is inaccurate as this has been pulled off using variants outside some of the specified limitations. But for the most users, this will work.

EDIT: This link puts you at the second page of the guide, so do note when it says "Now that you have the prerequisites" it is referring to the page before. It's basically covering the drive you will need.

If there is, I don't know. If I knew, I also couldn't say. Forums rules prohibit condoning illegal activities. It's also my civil duty but I'm not stressing on that.

You can try googling Windows XP Live ISO. Which is programed to send the XP ISO to RAM on boot. Same way Active Linux discs work and such.

Guide to building an XP bootable flash

Some of the information in the guide is inaccurate as this has been pulled off using variants outside some of the specified limitations. But for the most users, this will work.

EDIT: This link puts you at the second page of the guide, so do note when it says "Now that you have the prerequisites" it is referring to the page before. It's basically covering the drive you will need.

The issue is that I need to put the installer on the flash drive, not the install itself.

o i c.

Put the ISO on the flash and use your mobo's boot selector to boot the flashdrive as a hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom