Opera 10.5 Browser Delivers a Speed Boost

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
"Opera Software released on Tuesday its Opera 10.50 Web browser, calling it the fastest browser ever produced for Windows computers.

Available at Opera's Web site, the browser features the Carakan JavaScript engine as well as the Vega graphics library. Users no longer have to wait for a site to load, the company said. Other features include a refined design and private browsing, Opera said. A new menu button replaces the traditional menu bar, providing single-point access to Opera features."

http://www.pcworld.com/article/190669/opera_105_browser_delivers_a_speed_boost.html

I have used Opera for years, and always liked it. Just thought id let you guys know about this new version.

Cheers.

I just got home and was able to install it with no problems.

I must say the speed boost is noticeable, and the new/upgraded design and new abilities are really cool and useful :)

Cheers

Thanks for spreading the word around.
Thanks to you so much people were downloading I had to download at a mere 20Kb per second lmao :D

I tried the pre-alpha and thought it looked nice, but it kept crashing on me. The final release is nice though, definitely noticed a speed improvement over Firefox and the GUI is nice.

It's jscript based. It goes out and gets a snapshot of the page your fav links land it on. Then uses that as your fav links.
It's a slick concept but it has some issues I'd rather not have to deal with.
It's lurching when you scroll a long page like at AA.
The images it renders are grainy.
And it lost its mind today in my windows OS shell. It fired off the screen resizer and would not let go. It even resized the desktop icons just by turning the scroll wheel on the mouse. I have never had this problem before and have never been able to resize the desk top in that manner.

So I'll mosey back on over to my clunky old IE8 thank you.

I ran into a problem too, Seti. When viewing Youtube profiles, videos don't like to show up.

Back
Top Bottom