My Internet Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky3789

Baseband Member
OK wats going on, why is my download so slow. when im downloading anything and just running the download by itself it maxes out around 350kb/s and stays there it only drops when im using any internet programs like internet explorer or firefox. Is there anyway to get it above that speed or does it have to do with my network subscriber.

Do a SpeedTest and post it here.

Now by download, I'm assuming from an FTP or HTTP server right? Are you sure it's doing that for every download?

There is so much to consider when downloading something. Where is the file being stored? How much bandwidth do they have? How many devices does it go through between you and them? How big is the file? How many people are also downloading it? Etc, etc, etc....

I wouldn't get too worked up about that because your SpeedTest shows good results.

There is so much to consider when downloading something. Where is the file being stored? How much bandwidth do they have? How many devices does it go through between you and them? How big is the file? How many people are also downloading it? Etc, etc, etc....

I wouldn't get too worked up about that because your SpeedTest shows good results.

1. Well I store it on my second harddrive
2. I dont know how much bandwidth i have. Is there a way to find out?
3. I dont know what u mean by this
4. It doesnt matter it can be any size 100mb-8gb the download speed is always the same
5. Dont know

Also when i look at the swams download average speed its always 1MB or more while mine just stays at 350kB/s

I meant where the file you are downloading is stored --- not where you are saving it. I guess I assumed you were downloading something off the internet when you talked about your download speeds - correct me if I'm wrong there.

Your bandwidth is provided by your ISP. They should have given you paperwork on it or you can probably call and ask them.

Again assuming the file is on the internet, it has to pass through many devices to get to you. It starts on the server where it is hosted and then travels all the way to your house (the server could be located next door or across the country or anywhere).

The more people trying to access the file, the slower it will go as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom