Antivirus

MetalOverlord76

Daemon Poster
So I have Avast on my computer and just completed 2 full system scans (and starting a new system scan). And each time, Avast picks up no infected files, yet this Security Tool Firewall window keeps poping up, telling me I have tons of infected files, and that my system is completely unprotected and offering that I purchase this anti spyware program, even though I have Avast.

Ok I'm really screwed up right now.
My computer just bluescreened.
And now I'm getting all these pop ups saying that "GoogleToolbarUser_32.exe is infected with worm lsas.blaster.keyloger. This worm is trying to send your creditcard details using GoogleToolbarUser_32.exe" etc.

EDIT: I am now unable to log into my MSN email Messanger and my desktop icons are gone.

EDIT: Now it says that a file called dllhost.exe is infected with this worm thing and is "trying to send your creditcard details"

EDIT: I attempted to capture screenshots of these windows to upload to Photobucket and show you them. I get an error message saying that these are "zerobyte files" or whatever.

EDIT: Just did a quick system scan with Avast and nothing came up.

These windows will not stop coming. Is there something wrong with my Avast or something?

Rebooted, now my desktop wallpaper has been deleted.

That thing is a virus. Boot into Safe mode with networking, install malwarebytes and remove it NOW or else your system might be no more when this crap gets through with it.

Restored previous version and got my desktop back. The popups have ceased and I have installed AntiMalware Pro. At the moment, things seem to be stable.

OK then I guess that works.

Run malwarebytes to be safe. A lot of times, they wait a few days before actually showing u to make it hard to figure out where they came from.

Back
Top Bottom