Help setting up a server?

At the rate things move on though, building a "normal" system these days and using it as a server will more than likely outperform the 90's beast you have there. It'll also cost you far less to run since it'll almost certainly draw a lot less power! It might have been great in its day, but things move fast...

yeah, I have to admit when my friend said he was going to give me a server, I was picturing something a little more useful and modern.

I'm just gonna play around with it for an afternoon just for kicks, and I'm bored. Anybody know how to access it with my laptop? It appears to connect via my modem? :confused:

EDIT: got it figured out, played around with it. Had Windows NT 4.0 Server on it. so I ended up gutting over half of the components, re-built it with some of my un-used gear. Re-installing NT 4.0 Server right now. I know I could have used better server software but I already had the disk.
That beast of a power supply that was in it sounded louder than my lawnmower lol.

HAHA,

This is a phone server. This thing hold's all v-mail's and extension's. It is worthless. If it has anything on it, it is going to look like dos when you fire it up

Back
Top Bottom