Help Troubleshoot Wireless Adaptor Rescanning Issues

timequest

Beta member
The Netgear wireless (card) # WPN 311.2 - originally setup with an older router using a WEP key, worked well for my daughter's PC with Windows 2000. I recently updated my network by installing a new router (Qwest model Q-1000), which is WPA2. Now the wireless adaptor (still installed in my daughter's PC) will not stay locked on the new router (network). It (the wireless adaptor) will find the network, but it keeps "losing" it and constantly rescans for a connection…. I cannot establish a connection.

Note: I updated the drivers for the Netgear adaptor via their website. Both the Qwest and Netgear tech reps have been of very little help in troubleshooting this issue.

Thank you in advance for your support…

Ahh...I think I've found the problem...but I wonder if there is a "fix." After reading more, I now understand that Windows 2000 does not support the WPA2 protocol. Hum...it doesn't look like there are any Windows 2000 WPA2 upgrades either. I think maybe I'm at a dead end on this one.....

Instead of using the bound Wireless Zero service that Windows provides, have you tried downloading your adapters SPECIFIC program instead?

Linksys has it's own program, so should Qwest and Netgear.

Back
Top Bottom