Cannot connect to Microsoft server/website AT ALL!!!!

ahriik

Solid State Member
I really need to upgrade my .NET Framework to the latest. (3.5 I think). Problem is, I cannot download it because ever since I reset my PC, I cannot access the Microsoft website. I can't even sign in to Windows Live Messenger! I am getting pretty mad, and I don't know what to do. I'm sure I have no malicious files on my computer, nor any viruses. What is happening!! I am using an XP, SP2. I use Chrome as my web browser, if thats any help.

I tried downloading .NET on my bro's computer, and then moved the setup to mine. When I tried to install it, however, it needed to connect to the Microsoft server, and it cant....

:( please help me

When you "reset" your PC? Do you mean re-installed windows?

Have you tried using IE? See if that helps. Also, try and google .net framwork and see if you can find a download that is not tied to Microsoft.

Why can't you connect - do you get security certificate errors? If so then it sounds stupid, but check your clock (including the date and year which is what most people seem to miss!) If it's wrong then it can muck up the certificate validation and it won't let you sign in.

Failing that, can you post the exact error codes you're getting when you try and sign into messenger and try and run updates?

When I reset my PC, I re installed windows XP cuz I got a stupid virus. I have tried downloading .NET from another source, and the download was successful, however, it could not install because it needed to connect to the microsoft server, which I can't connect to.

Since I use Chrome, when I try to access Microsoft.com, it just says

Oops! This link appears to be broken!

My date and time is correct. Messenger error code is 80040154

Have you tried re-registering msxml3.dll? Hit start => run then type:

Code:
REGSVR32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll

didn't work, neither did IE. I may just Reset my computer again, i may have some malware or somethin still on my comp

I reset my computer, and it worked! then I installed some graphics drivers for my graphics card, and it didin't work! I reset AGAIN, and it don't work!

didn't work, neither did IE. I may just Reset my computer again, i may have some malware or somethin still on my comp

I reset my computer, and it worked! then I installed some graphics drivers for my graphics card, and it didin't work! I reset AGAIN, and it don't work!
Clean up any malware or viruses, then try using different web browsers.

hey anyone out there?
i'm experiencing he same problem here tried to ping ms, didn't work, for google it did work. don't ant to reset system, everything's running except ms.

Back
Top Bottom