Help with lag

TheDouche

Beta member
I recently got a computer a few months ago and played games with it fine. Using Left 4 Dead as an example it ran fine then a few months later I started getting an annoying amount of lag, I've done everything I could think of to try and fix it such as system restores, driver updates and even resetting my computer to factory settings, thus making it like new. None of these helped.
It does this with all the games I've tried and I have no idea why, could anyone be of help?

What do you mean by lag - a low framerate? If so (and it was working fine before and restoring everything to factory settings hasn't helped) it may be a hardware component starting to go somewhere along the line, possibly your graphics card.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3175/specn.jpg

My step mom took it in to have the motherboard replaced, my graphics card is integrated so that would mean it was replaced too.
Although I don't really trust that my step mom actually took it in to have it replaced. Do you think that would be the reason, if so is there anyway to check?
P.S those are my specs.

When did this replacement occur? After the lagging started or before? Why was the motherboard replaced at all?

Either way, on its own the lagging doesn't confirm or deny whether she actually had it replaced or not I'm afraid.

The replacement happened after I started lagging then after she took it to be replaced. The motherboard was replaced because when she took it in the people said it was burnt, after I got it back it seemed as if nothing was changed and I'm still lagging.

Well, on-board video sure doesn't help.

Also you say when the computer was new it ran fine, and now it doesn't. Sounds like something on the computer is eating up the processor, and thus the video power, causing lag. Any other programs running, any spyware or virus, etc, etc could cause this.

See if you go into the task manager and look for processes that are using lots of memory.

I'm siding with Berry on the HDD. lowered RPM is lowered access time and gaming speed. Picking up latencies and transfer speeds. Could easily explain lag.

Download and install Fraps and tell us what frames you're getting in any given game.

We also need to know the brand/model of your computer.

Back
Top Bottom