CD drive won't recognise CDs

Theneonzebra

Beta member
Hi,
I have tried to install multiple games on to my laptop but whenever i try to play the game an error message pops up claiming I have to insert the disk, even though it is already in there. The game will install fine, but its only when i try to play it that this occurs.
Any help would be appreciated to solve this problem...

Details:
Laptop: Hp Pavillion DV5 1138tx
CD Drive: Opitarc DVD RW AD-7561S
Vista service pack 2

Maybe the game you are trying to play is not supported by your operating system or the game CD it self is corrupt but if your assumption is that the both of this things are in normal and good state. Then think of your CD/DVD drive.

www.laptopvilla.blogspot.com

First off, let's rule out the CD / DVD drive as being dead - can you do something as simple as play an audio CD? If so, try burning a few files to a CD and then try and read the contents - are all the files there, uncorrupted and in exactly the same format that they were previously?

If so then you can probably rule out the drive and we can start looking elsewhere. If not - it's probably the drive that's gone.

The games i am trying to play are Fallout 1 and 2, and since they are bran new I doubt they would both be corrupted as they work on other computers.
I tried playing an audio CD and it worked.
I will now try burning some files to a CD like suggested.

Think I might have found something not sure if it will work...

Fallout 2 CD Fix

If not make sure that the Drive is not being used by another process E.G...when i am playing medal of honour i put in cd and wont run cuz winamp is trying to rip.
See if it is being used by another program.

Back
Top Bottom