cannot connect to my WPA2 encrypted wirless network.

lally_masta

Beta member
okay so a few weeks ago I accdentaly turned the wifi on my laptop off. I turned it back on but since have not been able to connect. I've put in the password but it still doesn't work. Any help?

I think you've got 3 choices here:

1. Confirm you are inputting the correctly spelled password required for access. You need to confirm also that WPA2 is indeed the correct encryption ... could it be WPA or WEP instead?

2. Access your router (hardwire) and reconfigure your wireless settings, including resetting your WPA2 password.

3. If you are unable to access your router due to router password, then you may be forced to reset your router back to factory defaults and reconfigure your wireless settings.

^Agreed.

Also, you could test that you can connect to other networks? If not then you'll need to make sure that you have turned on both the Hardware Switch and the Software Switch. Some laptops have both. A hardware switch is a physical switch on the outside of the comptuer and a software switch could be located within the wireless network managing software (assuming your not using windows to manage your wireless network).

Back
Top Bottom