What do i need for another computer??

zenek

Solid State Member
Hello guys, i already have 1 computer that uses internet from optimum online/cable and i receive internet through a cable (NOT WIRELESS). Recently i just got a new computer and i want it to receive internet from a cable and (NOT WIRELESS). And i am wondering what exactly i have to get for both computers to use the internet when ever and even at the same time so basically share an internet. Please give me some advise on what to buy and and tell me if this is even possible.

Thank You!

Hi,

You will need to get a simple router. Something similar to one of these will work fine. I am not sure were you are from so I am just using these for examples. Then you will also need a second etherent cable to connect from your new computer to the router. That is basically it.

Cheers!

Yup, a router is all you need. Hook the modem up to ther router, and the router will allow you to share the connection to both computers.

As a side note, depending on the ISP you might have to call them and get the settings to put into your router. Some ISPs require that you have a Username and Password or use a Static IP address. These will need to be set in the router so that it will conect to the net.

Back
Top Bottom