Which Browser should I use?

Juan handed

In Runtime
I've always used IE,I guess because I didn't know any better.

What other browsers should I try out,and what are the benefits of the various browsers?

In the first place,what do I need to do to get another browser? And,should I have more than one browser? And under what conditions would I want to switch between browsers?

I use Firefox for most things. I only use IE when Firefox won't render the page correctly (usually due to Active X controls being used on the page). Firefox is usually less susceptible to viruses and spyware.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the add ons. I especially recommend the "Pimpzilla" theme.

Yeah, dude. You got to go into options and set it to "Always show the tab bar". Otherwise you only see it if you have multiple tabs open.

Yeah, dude. You got to go into options and set it to "Always show the tab bar". Otherwise you only see it if you have multiple tabs open.

I gots it!
Only thing...the pimpzilla site suggests that I pleasure myself under the desk after I download it.Why I got to do dat? I'm a pimp wit Ho's.

Firefox is the king of the roost these days for everyone that knows what they're doing, and not without good reason. It's a fast, standards compliant, fully functional and very extensive browser that's held up to all sorts of security attacks very well.

Some recommend opera yes, but I can't really see why. The only argument I ever hear is "ooh but it passes acid3!" Great. But in the grand scheme of things, that really doesn't show much at all. To me it's always seemed like a browser on the side for people that don't like using what everyone else is using for no good reason. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but I can't see its advantages over firefox in the slightest.

Chrome is a great up and coming browser, and for what it is I love it. My only qualm is that there's not many plugins for it due to its young age, so I'm sticking with firefox for now. In the future though, who knows... :)

Back
Top Bottom