Vaio...Vista...HELP needed.

teho

Baseband Member
Ok, I'll do my best to explain since I'm not to computer savy. After I start up my laptop, several windows pop up one on top of the other, stating in this order, "HSDemo has stopped working".."VAIO Center Access Bar has stopped working"..WD SmartWare has stopped working"..Printer Card Transfer Monitor has stopped working".."Welcome Launcher has stopped working"..and lastly, "AutoLaunch has stopped working". I'm almost afraid to touch my laptop for fear I may stop working also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A little more info: These all are start up programs that do not start up when I power up my laptop. I'm not sure how to change this so if someone could help a noob out that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Are these programs you recently attempted to uninstall? It looks as if the programs might have been deleted without having been uninstalled. Try reinstalling the offending programs and then uninstalling correctly using "Add/Remove Programs". Or you could just back up everything you want to save to an external drive and do a format reinstall with the recovery CDs that came with your PC.

Thanks for the reply cboucher. I did'nt attempt to uninstall anything in my laptop recently so I'm not sure what exactly happened. I do have recovery discs but I'm not too sure how to do a "format reinstall" as you suggested. Any more advice, other then to take a class on how to operate my laptop? Thanks again for the reply.

Basically, you put in the recovery CD and boot from it. Just follow the on screen prompts and choose the option that includes a format of the hard drive. If a message comes up and says something like "all your data will be lost" then you know you're on the right track. Be sure to back up all files you wish to keep to an external storage device before doing this (like music files, photos, videos, word documents, etc...).

Back
Top Bottom