Urgent

shozzking

Daemon Poster
does anyone know of a good partition manager that i can run from within windows 7. im not sure if i can run GRUB from within BIOS.

Eh? It might help to clarify what you're trying to do, since none of the things you've said really match up!

GRUB isn't a partition manager, it's a boot loader. Partition managers edit / resize / delete / create new partitions of different types across different disks in your system. Boot loaders sit in the MBR and provide a means of selecting what OS you want to boot into on startup. And neither run within the BIOS - that's again, something entirely different.

lol, sorry about that. it was late when i was typing it. basically im trying to install the office 2010 demo and i've run out of space on my windows 7 partition. I have over 100GB left on my vista partition but the windows disk manager wont let me change its partition size or delete the entire partition. so i need a disk manager that's smaller than 200MB.

Personally I'd grab a linux livecd with ntfstools on (such as the Ubuntu one) and use that - it's a command line utility, but as long as that doesn't throw you off it does the job of resizing NTFS partitions nicely :)

If you want a gui option there is a program called GParted. This is a great program that is run on most livecd's and also it can run on its own livecd. If you choose to use it read through all the steps before you jump in and change any partitions.

thanks guys, i tried booting into vista for the first time in 4 months last night and it greeted me with a BSOD. i'm going to delete the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom