Anyone ever heard of this in IE8

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
My father has been bugging me with something in IE8 that I just cannot figure out, here's the deal.

He says that he was able to type in something, a word or phrase in the tab on IE, not the address bar, right in the tab, and it brought up a list of other sites or suggestions for sites. As soon as he started typing it would come up with stuff even before he finished typing.

Now, I've never heard of being able to type anything in the tab instead of the address bar and I can't figure out what he is talking about, is it a setting in IE8? I am a firefox user so I don't know that much about the newest IE.

I did do a system restore on the pc because there was something that was messed up with the windows updates so I guess that is when it happened. I just can't figure out what that would be, any help is appreciated guys, this is really annoying me.....wait.....HE is really annoying me with this problem because he seems hell-bent on getting this back, whatever it is.

Thanks for the help.

Unless anyone comes up with anything revolutionary, I'm afraid I would assume your father is mistaken!

Best guess I've got is that he had the google search box by the tabs and it's that he's thinking of?

Best guess I've got is that he had the google search box by the tabs and it's that he's thinking of?
Well, thats what I thought too, but he says no, it was a tab, that you could type the site right in the tab.

Well we finally figured out that it was the google toolbar and it was just moved and he was confused......thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom