Online radio station

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
Now that i have started college im settling back into a routine. I (and my friends) now know what our restrictions are for time because we have our college timetables etc. So i have some freedom with what to do.

As a result i'm looking to relaunch
BlackBoxRadio
I am going to try to raise the funds needed (about £70 or USD120) by the end of this week and get the new site all done up and renew licenses etc.

Here's where i need help... What can you help with?
  • Cash donations, any amount, what ever you have to spare, so i can cover licenses etc
  • DJs, experienced or not, see the "Get Involved" page on the site for requirements
  • Graphic designers, to work on site graphics, only really need one, who can do regular stuff
  • PR people, to blog, forum post and network about BlackBoxRadio's re-launch, November 1st
  • Sponsors, who wish to target a listener base of up to 1000 (initially) students and young people. Your funding in exchange for publicity through us

So come and be a CONTRIBUTOR, DJ, PROMOTER, OR SPONSOR and see what you can get out of this rewarding media.

Also i'd like web criticism, bearing in mind i've only done about a couple hours at this point.

BLACK BOX RADIO
BlackBoxRadio.co.uk

Reply to this thread with any and all interest/questions

I'd love to DJ, but my internet connection is incredibly spotty. Depends on the weather whether or not I get it (municipal wifi). Maybe once I'm of legal working age I can pay the internet bill and get Fios. (Verizon has a building with servers across the street. I can literally see it right now. Those would be epic pings)

Ok, cheers lewis. You can still promote and that though i guess. Once details are out.

What do you think of the site?

I like it. It looks really great in Chrome's Late Night theme. Will a banner from sponsors go to the left-top corner, or be traditional radios adverts?

I've left the space there clear for sponsorship to slip in, but adverts there will be styled to match the look of the site. On air sponsorship, traditional adverts that is, will also be available depending on what the sponsor wants.

I'd be more than happy to become a DJ,I Coud do like as Tech show maybe once a week and also throw some music and game reviews in!

Though what kind of music can you play by law? Also how do i apply?

I love the layout of the site, very stylish.
Thanks Vamp. That's what i was going for. Cheers
I'd be more than happy to become a DJ,I Coud do like as Tech show maybe once a week and also throw some music and game reviews in!

Though what kind of music can you play by law? Also how do i apply?
Once we raise the license money you can play any music you like, you just have to keep track of how many tracks you play so we can submit that information to the licensing company, but there's no restriction on what you can play exactly.

Back
Top Bottom