All Things Apple

I'm not really sure what I mean by that. I know that with Windows Media Player I can share video and music files. I use it all the time when I want to watch movies on the big screen downstairs. I simply turn on my PS3 and watch videos from my computer on the TV. So, I'm wanting to know if Macs can do that too? Or maybe they have some cooler features.

I still use them (three) on an occasional basis, so I'd rather have them share the same resources.
You really love your computers. That means you have how many exactly?

In other news... I think apple should come out with a tablet style PC. With a stylus and a touch screen. I mean they've done the itouch which is awesome, and I'm sure they'd have a huge market because it'd be awesome (pretty much the generic apple excuse)

But really, I want a tablet for college. So I can take notes in it instead of notebooks because that's less paper to carry around. And currently only HP makes one that doesn't cost as much as used car.

So, I'm wanting to know if Macs can do that too? Or maybe they have some cooler features.

I'm really not sure. I just have them sharing the same printer. I'll be looking into more options.

You really love your computers. That means you have how many exactly?

I'm looking to phase out two of my older HP desktops. I'm actually looking at some new workstations. I'm still a bit on the edge about Windows 7, so I'm still waiting to see how that'll play off in the end.

But really, I want a tablet for college. So I can take notes in it instead of notebooks because that's less paper to carry around. And currently only HP makes one that doesn't cost as much as used car.

Lenovo makes some pretty nice ThinkPad tablets. Check it out.

Yea, I looked at those, but I'm pretty much restricted to triple digit pricing. So I hope either the economy really really picks up and somehow those prices drop, or that the price fairy magically lowers the price.

A tough book would be cool too...

Yea, I've still got like 9 months before I really have to click the buy button. I suppose it really depends on what job I can get and how much money I've got saved for college.

Worst comes to worst I just go with a normal laptop. Sure seems to suit the 99% of college students so you can't really go wrong with that.

Just be sure to get a reliable notebook. It's better to spend the money upfront with a good notebook, rather than on something that'll break over time. In other words, spend the money on the actual computer - not on repair costs.

Yea, that's always what's made me lean back towards a mac (or even a traditional style laptop). I've very rarely heard of problems, and while I can fix most problems, I'd rather not have to do a fresh install when I've got a paper due.

The new battery in the macbooks is impressive. When are they gonna do sometime about the case chipping where the magnets that hold it closed are?

I don't think that's a problem with the new aluminum MacBook Pro.

Regarding the battery, I really hate that new feature. I'm the kind of person that carries around three to four batteries on a trip. I don't like having an integrated battery. It seems like the most unpredictable part of a notebook. I'd love to have control over that.

my notebook is alright. I've had it for about a year and its never given me a problem. I even installed Ubuntu on it. Apple just came out with another upgrade on the Macbook, it's like a unibody plastic macbook. Go on the website it's there and it's the same price $999

Back
Top Bottom