Dell studio 14z or Lenovo thinkpad t400

trenium

Solid State Member
It's a hard choice for me, I like the design of the dell but in order to get the specs that I want for under $800 I would need to buy from the dell outlet (Refurbished) Where as, the thinkpad is just under $800 brand new with all of the features that I want.. Both are portable and have long battery life which is what I need. I actually like the fact that the thinkpad isn't very fancy looking because then I don't have to "Babysit" it and make sure it stays looking nice. Let me know what your opinions are on each laptop. I've heard lenovo makes very durable computers, but that the t400 isn't very durable?

Thanks,
Trenium

I personally never really liked Dells so i would naturally go with the Lenovo. Plus i hear the Lenovos are really durable ;)

I've heard horrible things about Dell as well, but I've never used either company so... I'm a little weary.

anyone else?

I work with 4 Dell laptops currently, one of which I bought early in 2003 and it still works 100% today (albeit a bit slow and outdated). From my experience they have been good to work with.

I have family that work for Dell that say the hardware is reliable in their opinion, but even they admit that Dell customer service is terrible. So, if you have a problem with a Dell, take it to a local shop, avoid Dell CS. Other than that, they do make decent computers in my experience. I've only ever owned 1 Dell, but from what I've heard they do make good computers.

Back
Top Bottom