Someone convince me to (Or not to?)...

trenium

Solid State Member
... Buy a studio 14z refurbished from dell.com/outlet the prices are great, a little too great.. and I've heard both excellent things and complete nightmeres with both their outlet center and dells customer service. Help me decide, is it a good idea to give it a shot with the 21 day return policy? If not, can you recommend a laptop within the $800 price range that is small, portable and good for a college student.

FYI I've been around since September 08, this is my first post.. I'm a thread reading leecher I guess. :D

Thanks,
Trenium

Have you tried looking at the netbooks?
They are pretty light and easy to carry it around.
I'm a Univ student, and I think it's pretty good.

Have you tried looking at the netbooks?
They are pretty light and easy to carry it around.
I'm a Univ student, and I think it's pretty good.

Hi, I need a full laptop, Netbooks are great but they are just too small for multitasking, searching the internet + writing a paper the screen is too small.

Also, i like to watch videos in between classes and play a game or 2, need a full size laptop.

Then a laptop with Dual core 2.1GHz and above, RAM with 3-4 GB and HDD with 250-500GB with 5400-7200RPM would be enough, and that should be under $800 range (depending on the size you buy).

Then a laptop with Dual core 2.1GHz and above, RAM with 3-4 GB and HDD with 250-500GB with 5400-7200RPM would be enough, and that should be under $800 range (depending on the size you buy).

Do you have any experience with the quality of dells refurbished laptops? That's really what I'm looking to find out is what type of condition they come in normally and what it's like to buy basically used from dell.

Heres a link:

http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...line/en/InventorySearch?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh

Heading to class now, will be back at 7:30.

I'm sure about the laptops, but the company I work for buys refurbed desktops from Dell and we have had pretty good experiences with them so far.

dell is awesome, i dont know why everyone complains about their customer service. the dont like replacing lemons but who would? they're always polite and helpful

Thanks for the advice so far, anyone else have experience with buying refurbished dell products? It's really hard to pass up this laptop I want for the price. More opinions welcome!

Thanks,
Trenium

Back
Top Bottom