Prious = FAIL

Think about this cheeseburger for thought.

What do environmentalists want? Efficient, low emissions cars.

What's the products of Combustion? H2O and CO2. The more efficient the combustion, the more CO2.

Yep. I think diesel is going to absolutely take off before too long. VW makes that new diesel Jetta that has more power and is MUCH more fuel efficient than the Prius.

And it doesn't look like a toy.

In the UK diesel cars outnumber anything else

What about hydrogen fuel cell powered cars? When are the major auto makers going to get into production on these? I mean, it should shut environmentalists up since these cars emit water. What is better for the environment than water?

What about hydrogen fuel cell powered cars? When are the major auto makers going to get into production on these? I mean, it should shut environmentalists up since these cars emit water. What is better for the environment than water?

think about the resources it takes to make that kind of equipment to be put in a car.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6643436.html

HAHHAHAHA. stuck accelerator. At least it's a Prious, car can barely accelerate as it is.

And for once, the press reports on a foreign car defect or recall...

How many have heard about the Frame Rot recall in the Toyota Pickups? Or the door panel welds that just fall apart on so many Toyotas, bad gas tanks, water can get trapped in the brake booster in Corollas and xDs causing power breaks to go out if it freezes... That's moving forward now isn't it?
Quote from a guy at CTR

And, there have been deaths related to problems like this.
http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1...Audio_of_Fatal_120_MPH_Accident_As_It_happens

It's not hard. If you accelerator sticks;

Gear selector to neutral.

Turn off ignition.

Apply brake.

Signal to get off the road.

Get off the road.
Remember when this exact thing happened with mustangs years ago??

/thread

Remember when this exact thing happened with mustangs years ago??

/thread
No? I didn't hear about that one. How long ago was that?

It seems like such a stupid issue. Like, it's not exactly the car manufacturers fault. It happened in my friends F-150 once. It's more an issue of putting rubber mats on top of the other floor mats, and then kicking them forward onto the accelerator...

No? I didn't hear about that one. How long ago was that?

It seems like such a stupid issue. Like, it's not exactly the car manufacturers fault. It happened in my friends F-150 once. It's more an issue of putting rubber mats on top of the other floor mats, and then kicking them forward onto the accelerator...
It was quite a while ago, not sure how long ago, maybe 6-8 years? Long time.

But anyway, it is a stupid issue and it should never happen.

I don't see why he called 911, what could they do?
Heck I woulda at least tried reaching down and fixing it, or someone else in the car, call me crazy but still....

I don't see why he called 911, what could they do?
Heck I woulda at least tried reaching down and fixing it, or someone else in the car, call me crazy but still....

Well, there is a chance they would know more about cars than the driver. Most people don't know you can shift while you are going, just not into park and from drive to reverse. But to neutral and from drive to low gears is all fair game.

Back
Top Bottom