How Low can you Go?

sniperviper21

Golden Master
:D

so, now that i finally got around to doing this...lol

how low can u get ur core temp/mobo temp? lol

with my original viper case, and stock hsf, this is what i got.

stockcooler33Ghz-1.jpg

now, with the rig in my sig, this is my current idle temps

temps.jpg

so, anyone dare challenge my temps!? lol

(65*F ambient, for both screens)
(get the same temp at 3.5ghz, of course, as no Vcore was changed from stock)

That's nuts. I'm pretty sure my CPU stays around 40° and the case fans only come on if it gets to like 45° (AKA never) which means my computer stays nice and quiet. Yea for ASUS Cool'n'Quiet!!!

That's nuts. I'm pretty sure my CPU stays around 40° and the case fans only come on if it gets to like 45° (AKA never) which means my computer stays nice and quiet. Yea for ASUS Cool'n'Quiet!!!

ya, quiet PC's have there place in the world, thats for sure, you dont want your main HTPC souding like a hurricane lol..

but for mine, i like it :)
sounds like the whistle of a turbo on a diesel truck sometimes :)

If I put all my CPU settings to default, I can run my computer at 23C (room temperature). In another words, I'm being bottlenecked by the "weather".

Since my room is in the basement where it is cooler my computer stays quite cool. right now my cpu temp is 31 C. In the summer the temp stays around 35-36 C. Last winter the temp actually hit something like 22C when the central heat broke. My computer accumulates dust inside pretty quickly so the temp might be able to be lower if I blast out my case with compressed air.

Since my room is in the basement where it is cooler my computer stays quite cool. right now my cpu temp is 31 C. In the summer the temp stays around 35-36 C. Last winter the temp actually hit something like 22C when the central heat broke. My computer accumulates dust inside pretty quickly so the temp might be able to be lower if I blast out my case with compressed air.

you should throw on some dust filters! lol

my PC actually heats up my living room after an hour of gaming lol

I don't know if my case has a place for a dust filter. This winter I might try an experiment with a computer that is hooked up in the back shed where i rig a giant system of pipes somehow like a chimney to suck the freezing cold air into the computer directly from outside and see how low the temp goes then lol

Back
Top Bottom