Ford Mustang car question

Celticsfan

Banned
My friend's driver's side door power window fails to power up or down. How do we troubleshoot what is causing this problem? Also, when we have to take off the inner door panel, where are all the hidden screws and clips located so we don't break anything?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx

google for the screws and push pins,

if u dont hear a thing, when using the window, its probably a bad motor or switch.

I'm not sure, it may be a fuse for each door harness. Go to the local U-pull and get a new window motor if the harness and fuses all look good.

*generally*.

the door cards will be affixed with some screws that are hidden under things, like underneath a protrudinig door pocket there would be a few screws,

underneath the handle that you'd use to close the door there will be some.

also, usually to take the door card off you have to remove all the door 'furniture' like handle surrounds, ash trays etc.

there may be a fuse for each window, so don't think that just as one works the other should as well.

lastly, I know there's a recession on and all that, but car manuals really don't cost that much, and if you want to trouble shoot car problems yourself they are a really useful tool.

lastly, I know there's a recession on and all that, but car manuals really don't cost that much, and if you want to trouble shoot car problems yourself they are a really useful tool.

sometimes you can get one online in a PDF

*generally*.

the door cards will be affixed with some screws that are hidden under things, like underneath a protrudinig door pocket there would be a few screws,

underneath the handle that you'd use to close the door there will be some.

also, usually to take the door card off you have to remove all the door 'furniture' like handle surrounds, ash trays etc.

there may be a fuse for each window, so don't think that just as one works the other should as well.

Very informative Root. Thx Muchly. Yes, manual is a good idea. For future info, you can borrow them for the library for free which I plan on doing.

thx

Back
Top Bottom