Router or computer issue please help!?

w333zy1

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, my laptop (dell inspiron 1525) is running kinda slow on wifi i am only getting 2 bars the router being 2 floors below mine i was wondering why did this happen? I reinstalled a copy of vista onto the laptop, i hope this didnt change any settings,

Also i was told to buy the D-link DIR-655 router (white one with 3 antenna's) but its a N router? I was told to make sure my laptop can run with the N network? will my laptop work on N router? I have no idea what to do, should i buy the router? or is there a cheaper way to boost speed up the range of my router?

Just wanted to add in, if its the routers fault, and my laptop doesnt support the new N network whats a good router that can do the same but wont cost me more for what i cant use with this laptop?

Your computer will connect to the N router, it will just connect at G speeds.

I doubt that it had anything to do with reinstalling and I would say that 2 bars is good for two floors. Things like water pipes, insulation, electrical wires, etc all can affect the signal.

However, you should check online for updates to your wireless driver. It is possible that there is an update version that you had before the re-install that you don't have now.

Check your phone sometimes if you have a wireless phone it can interupt your single and screw up your connection. but 2 bars considering your 2 storys above it is perfectly normal.

Back
Top Bottom