Help needed!

solid ekans

Beta member
Ok so i used to have a netgear wireless router in my home but it began to malfunction so i disconnected it. I then just wanted to connect my pc to the internet so i connected the dsl modem directly to the pc. The problem is that the pc doesn't recognize the connection now. In network connections it says the local area connection is connected, but i can't connect to the internet. Does anyone know how to solve this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Turn off your router .. unplugin . Dsl router ... Unplug wait 60 secs plugin elect adopter, then plugin in ether net cabel .. then turn on dsl modem. wait 3 mints and you should be good. If this didnt help. Go to connections and repair connection.
Even if this didn't help reinstall your dsl modem driver and you should be good.

Turn off your router .. unplugin . Dsl router ... Unplug wait 60 secs plugin elect adopter, then plugin in ether net cabel .. then turn on dsl modem. wait 3 mints and you should be good. If this didnt help. Go to connections and repair connection.
Even if this didn't help reinstall your dsl modem driver and you should be good.

Right idea, just not said in a clear way. That me try.

Unplug the power cord from your Modem and leave it out for about 15-30 seconds. Plug it back in and wait for it to boot up. Then try the connection again. Go to Start > Control Panel > (depending on the view in the CP) go to Network and Internet Connections > Network Connections or just go right to Network Connections > Double click your LAN connection > go to the Support Tab and click repair.

If that doesn't work, I'd call your ISP. They probably have their modem setup to do MAC filtering and it will only allow the internet to go to a certain MAC address (every device that has a network adapter get a unique MAC address). They will need to update their info to allow the modme to give the internet to your computer instead of the router.

Back
Top Bottom