IAT, a prelude to a megathread.

Hand-eye coordination has absolutely nothing to do with it.

It is our unconscious working through our muscular system. If you try to change the way it works, you will be simply hit with a steel door. More on this later.

I disagree. I think your hand eye coordination has much to do with it. In fact, I believe its factor to be proportional to the speed at which you work at. I was blazing through the test and when I slowed down and took my time (which was at the same rate I took it the first time) I was getting the answers I wanted to get. I think it plays a role, but I also agree with you that your subconscious has significant control.

I disagree. I think your hand eye coordination has much to do with it. In fact, I believe its factor to be proportional to the speed at which you work at. I was blazing through the test and when I slowed down and took my time (which was at the same rate I took it the first time) I was getting the answers I wanted to get. I think it plays a role, but I also agree with you that your subconscious has significant control.

It matters not how fast you work, nor how well you correspond thoughts to actions. If you want proof, wake yourself up in the middle of the night, stumble to the computer, still extremely groggy and take the test. Your hand-eye coordination will be much slower, yet you will still get the same results.

Its your mind working, not your hands. As I said before, I will write about all of this at great length quite soon. I will share with you part of a PM that I sent to 01001010.

Our brain has two modes. One is the standard, logical mode. We take time to process information and derive certain conclusion from said information.

The second mode is one that not much is known about. It is the unconscious mode. We are not aware that our brain is working in this mode, but it is. For example, when I see an African American youth, and interact with him, there are certain patters. I lean forward a bit less, stumble over certain words, laugh and smile less. This is due to my unconscious taking information that is stored in it, be it from books, movies, films, and everything else that surrounds me, and telling me to react in this fashion.

The results that you get on that test are simply the workings of that second, unconscious mode of the brain. It is an enormous mechanism, fueled by years of information that we gathered from various sources.

To change the way it functions will make much more than faster reflexes.

Its your mind working, not your hands. As I said before, I will write about all of this at great length quite soon.

~~ Thelis, AA, BA, M.Ed, Ed.S, Ed.D/Ph.D.

Good thriving topic man. I'm quite interested to see this MegaThread you've proposed. Should answer all the questions we've been asking throughout this thread.

It matters not how fast you work, nor how well you correspond thoughts to actions. If you want proof, wake yourself up in the middle of the night, stumble to the computer, still extremely groggy and take the test. Your hand-eye coordination will be much slower, yet you will still get the same results.

According to the description of the test you were supposed to work as fast as possible. People will make mistakes and they will be aware of it, but they'll be unable to stop. I know this because I get the same feeling when I "play" similar "quizzes" that ask you to work at a fast speed.

According to the description of the test you were supposed to work as fast as possible. People will make mistakes and they will be aware of it, but they'll be unable to stop. I know this because I get the same feeling when I "play" similar "quizzes" that ask you to work at a fast speed.

Please refer to my edit.

Though this is a test that is based on hand-eye coordination, the results are solely based on your thought processes while you think about the challenge that stands before you. More precisely, the processes that go on in the second mode of your brain, the unconscious one.

it is the middle of the night here.. 4.40am.. lol..

Your Result
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American.

did it twice, and got the same both times..

I took this in Sociollogy and got to many errors I think. Our whole class agreed the test is stupid though, just a trick of the mind really.

I took the test and got

"Your Result
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for European American compared to African American."

Back
Top Bottom