Any chance to turn off wireless on router?

cheech92007

Beta member
I was told that the wireless router is making my Bandwidth a lot weaker... is ther any way to turn off JUST the wifi? I need everything else on because we use the ports for other things. I have a D-Link524

Go in the router setup and click on the wireless selection. Uncheck the wireless part and save. If the router doen't reboot just cycle the power one time.

Go in the router setup and click on the wireless selection. Uncheck the wireless part and save. If the router doen't reboot just cycle the power one time.

I have no idea how to do that... any chance for a walk through? Cause I dont even know where to find the router set up or whatever.

to get to the router setup, open up your internet browser (most likely internet explorer or firefox) and type "192.169.0.1" in the web browser and press enter. It will ask you for a user name and password. If you do not remember setting a password, the default user name is "admin" and the password is blank.

From there, on the first screen that pops up, click the wireless button on the left. One the "Wireless Radio" option, click "Disabled" then apply.

If you want to see what it'll look like, go here: http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di524/h_wireless.html

A quick walkthrough.

1. Find the default gateway address.
-Go to START > RUN > type CMD > in the black pop up window type IPCONFIG > write down the DEFAULT GATEWAY.

2. Login to the router using the Default Gateway address.
-Open your browser (Internet Explorer).
-Type the default gateway address into the browser and hit 'go'.
-It will ask you for a username and password. The default is: UN: <admin> PW: <blank>
-It is possible that this info is not the "default" anymore in which case hopefully you know it.

3. At this point you will need to look around in the configs of the router and look for a link or section that refers to the wireless. Once you find that section, look around in there for a spot that refers to the 'broadcast' or any where that sounds like it will turn the wireless off.

Back
Top Bottom