Nintendo DSi

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have been told that in the future, there would be DS games that will only work for the DSi, and will not work on the DS. The only thing that I can think of that will work solely on the DSi would be the DSi ware/DLC.
Is that true?
Will Nintendo sell DS lite and DSi side by side? or did they drop the DS lite, and the ones out now are the last one?

I plan on getting one, but I don't want an DSi, I want an DS because of GBA, but if they made games only for the DSi, then the lite would be pointless.

I'm not sure about this, but I will tell you that the original silver DS is better IMO. It has a lower failure rate, the touchscreen seems to be better, is more ergonomically designed, and the GA games sit flush with the case. Plus they are dirt cheap now because nintendo repackaged the exact same thing in a shiny, slightly smaller case.

There seems to be some speculation on this subject.
- Launch colors will just be blue and black.
- “In addition to downloadable games, Nintendo DSi is able to play games made specifically for the system and sold at retail.” — This is worded awkwardly, but it could mean that there will be DSi only retail games, GBC-style.
- Rhythm Heaven will launch alongside it.

Source

EDIT:

In the world of software, Nintendo DSi will be the platform for the most relevant and fun on-the-go games and applications. The Nintendo DSiWareâ„¢ application will populate Nintendo DSi with software that can be downloaded using Nintendo DSi Points directly to the portable system, just as WiiWareâ„¢ has with Nintendo's Wiiâ„¢ console. Developers big and small are invited to create software that makes use of the properties and functions of the hardware. Nintendo DSiWare games and applications will be available at a range of values, starting at 200 points.
Looks like it's going to be some sort of open-source like the Iphone.

In addition to downloadable games, Nintendo DSi is able to play games made specifically for the system and sold at retail. The system can also play most Nintendo DSâ„¢ games, and will have access to a library of more than 850 titles originally made for that system.

Again stating that there can/will be DSI only games.
Source

hmm, that sucks. So Nintendo is just going to screw all their DS/DS lite consumers over?

TBH, They are basically launching a new console. When Sony released the PS2, it was an update on the PS1... You could play PS1 games on the PS2, but not PS2 games on the PS1.

If they where always worried about screwing some customers over, then the games console industry would just freeze.

well i gotta get me self one if this is true...coz i dot a DSL.....except the Action Rplays dont work on DSi's thats the only problem with them

Back
Top Bottom