Why dont i want to go to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old job was working alone in the tech department at school. My current one is with Americorps working with Jr. High kids in the afterschool program 12 hours a week. I love this one, my old one was boring as all hell. This summer I am working at the school again though, since my Americorps contract runs out. At the school I am going to be doing maintenance and tech dept. As long as I have someone to talk to, I don't mind working.

Be happy you have a job. Lots of people don't have jobs and are tittering on the brink of being homeless and destitute.

Well i actually have 2 roles at work.My main role is a telemarketer (Which i hate) and my secondary role is the in-house PC Technician (Which is *Awesome*).

Well i actually have 2 roles at work.My main role is a telemarketer (Which i hate) and my secondary role is the in-house PC Technician (Which is *Awesome*).
Oh, a telemarketer.....I did that for a while, I was selling credit cards for a bank. Of course you are working for a company that calls customers on behalf of the bank and you are calling a completely different part of the country. I remember I was selling credit cards to people in Texas and I was calling from Pennsylvania.

It was an alright job, the pay was decent for a college student too.

absolutely nothing... I always had the same feeling going to jobs that didnt keep my attention or where i actually had to work.(as long as i enjoyed the work) In my work experience the boring jobs were always WAY worse than the physically excruciating ones. It always seemed to go by so slow when I wasn't really working as opposed to jobs that I really had to work where it seemed the day flew by. I would rather have a job where I am sent out to do my job and don't really have to deal with many people. My favorite job that I ever had was being a heavy machine operator on a 1000 acre horse farm. I would basically get a list of things that needed to be done for the day take my keys and my machine and go out and do what I had to do. I guess it also helped having an Ipod and Playing with HUGE machines like front end loaders, tractors, bulldozers, bobcats, crane trucks, and backhoes all day. But my worst job has got to be working in retail where there is a lot of down time and not much to really do. The people are nice but you can only stand so much of long boring days even with nice people.

Just make sure you take this experience and work on making your opportunities better later on in life. Going to a good college, entering a field you know you will enjoy going to work everyday, and being happy with what you are doing.

That sounds like to much fun for a job. Ahh, i wanna do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom