Calling All Computer-Know-It-Alls, Please.

jvr*jr

Solid State Member
Ok Ive had this Sony Vaio computer for around 5-6 years and its great and all, but im in need of a new computer, prefferably a notebook computer. Im a college student and I need a portable computer that can do everything my current computer can do (i.e. run Photoshop CS3 smoothly, stream the net without much slow-down etc.). I am a gamer too but thats not too important, specially since gaming comp.s cost upwards from $1000.

Ok to sum this up, can someone find me a computer of equal specs to my desktop but in a laptop. I want it to run as fast if not faster than my current 5-6 year old desktop. Oh and please, if possible, keep the price of your laptop below $1000. I am a college student, remember, were hobos. ;D Thanks!

This is my Sony Vaio's specs:
CPU: Pentium 4 2.40GHz
RAM: 1.0GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE

If you need to know anything else about my rig, please ask away, I'll respond asap.

well im actually looking to replace my current desktop with any laptop computer so long as it has specs that equal the desktop or surpass it while being cheaper than $1000. Design of the notebook is a definate plus but its not really all that important. Durability and longetivity are important, but not as important as the specs. I dont know too much about compairing desktop specs to laptop specs, but does that XPS 1530 equal or surpass my ol' Vaio's specs?

cool, thanks 01001010 aka J. I'll have a look at these. if you find anything else, please post, anything is greatly appriciated.

The notebooks above are all business notebooks. While not the best in design, all of them are rugged and durable. Expect the option of adding four or more hours to battery life. That's what they're made for.

alright, yeah deisgn isnt a big deal to me, so its not much of a sacrifice to me, they appear rugged an durable, so thats better in the long run. thanks

Back
Top Bottom