xp help...

religion2386

In Runtime
Ok the computer goes through the normal boot up process, but after it loads the desktop background NO icons ever load and it says "PML Driver has encountered a problem and has to close. Then it WON'T boot in safe mode....any ideas??

Try booting into safe mode and then uninstall your HP printer. Reboot into XP and download the latest available drivers.

It won't let me boot into safe mode...it acts like it is bootin up but it just takes me back to the same screen

okay what you need to do is restart your computer..and when the windows Icon appears like windows is loading hold down your power button till it shuts off..next time you boot up there should be 5 options:
Safe mode
Safe Mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt

Previous Bootup that worked
Start windows normaly

choose Safe mode

I would just reinstall XP using your installation CD. Do a repair installation (not using the Recovery Console).

okay what you need to do is restart your computer..and when the windows Icon appears like windows is loading hold down your power button till it shuts off..next time you boot up there should be 5 options:
Safe mode

Start windows normaly

choose Safe mode
He keeps saying that it won't boot into safe mode, plus those are the same options you get if you press F8 at startup.......

I would try "Previous setup that worked", that should take you to the last restore point in windows.

Safe mode

Start windows normaly

choose Safe mode
Yea thats what I did.

He keeps saying that it won't boot into safe mode, plus those are the same options you get if you press F8 at startup.......

I would try "Previous setup that worked", that should take you to the last restore point in windows.
Nothing has worked. I pretty much did every option. I guess Ill just reformat it. No biggy! Thanks for the responses!

well, just do repair install. It's nothing like reformatting. you don't lose data or applications and it's all repaired when it's done.

Back
Top Bottom