Serious Computer Issues, need advice.

Bit of an issue. It asked for me to put in a Saitek install disk. This must be for the Saitek joystick system I had installed. I didnàt have the disk, so I clicked cancel, and it continued.

Problem: It is asking for a file from an Intel Desktop Pro 1000 disk. It prompts to get it from a location on my harddrive. Thing is, both my mouse (Logitech G15 and keyboard.. G5) DO NOT WORK. No light, anything.
So it is sitting there asking to hit OK when I cant use any devices.

What now!

use standard Ps/2 devices that will immediately be recognized by windows and use those to find the correct drivers from Logitech.com

All I have is a wireless mouse or my G15 and G5.
Will I need to go and buy a set of standard mouse and keyboard with the old connector to continue the install...

Edit- And if so, how do I end the install to continue it when I can go and get a mouse and keyboard...
If I poweroff half way through this will there be damage

That's weird. I've never had a repair install ask for drivers. That usually happens after all is said and done and it has booted into Windows for the first time.

It should pick up where it left off if you power down. Make sure the USB devices are fully enabled in the BIOS.

Good call; some Bios will only run USB 1.1 and turn off 2.0 which means no power devices, which I just assume the logitech G-series keyboards are powered devices.

Back
Top Bottom