Well..

heck yes! Ill be posting pics, videos, framerates, the works. haha Im already proud of it and havent got it yet. I just need some people to game with now. I enjoy FPS' along with mmorpgs if thats anyones cup of tea.

I think the majority of people on here play FPS' There is a thread with a list of alot of members steam names if you are on there...:D:D:D

Glad to see another member with a Phenom II build...:D:D

P2s are sweet ;) u wolnt regret it.

if its to late, o well, but i OC my P2 too 3.4Ghz safely with the AMD tool with stock CPU fan and with Prime tests it dosnt go over 54*C

Awesome, it really helps to have a lot of reassurance especially since I'm About to drop a grand into this machine. As far as processing speeds go, what differeneces will I see from standard 3.0ghz to 3.4 or even 3.8?

Surprisingly, not alot. Things as far as standard desktop computing will be fractions quicker. The more noticeable difference is in the games, even then...It won't be but 4 or 5 frames. All quads (Intel or AMD) are pretty fast to start and so it will be hard to distinguish any LARGE differences in the computing/gaming scene. Overclocking your GPU, however...is a different story.

Ah, so you lead me to more questions... It seems that a lot of people overclock their GPU, whats the pros and cons? And exactly how do you do it? Same way with the CPU?

Ah, so you lead me to more questions... It seems that a lot of people overclock their GPU, whats the pros and cons? And exactly how do you do it? Same way with the CPU?
It is done using software. Rivatuner is what I use and it's compatible with both ATi and Nvidia GPUs.

Pros:
- Faster GPU, higher FPS.
*Scratches head*

Cons:
- Higher temps if the fan speed is not increased.
- Increased power consumption.

I usually start by clocking up the core first, increasing it in small increments whilst playing a game until I start to see artifacts, this indicates instability. I back off slightly, play for ~20min and if all is well I move onto the memory and repeat the process.

Sweet. I figured it would get more FPS but was just really wondering if any other benefits came with it. Thanks for all the info :)

Back
Top Bottom